Fleece General Information
AAFL Fleece Purchasing Prices
For current pricing information, please contact AAFL.
Selling to AAFL - Key points
AAFL buys either classed or unclassed fibre. Download more information.
Fleece Handling Manual
Fleece Handling Manual (Revised October 2010).
Services offered by AAFL include:
- Fleece classing.
- Helpful tips and education by qualified classers.
- Acceptance of all fleece types and colours.
- Working together with the Fleece Liaison Officers and growers to actively source fleece and assist with transport concerns.
- New and Second Hand fleece wool packs and plastic bags for the packaging of fleece after shearing.
- Research and development of the Australian Alpaca industry both nationally and internationally.
- Fleece workshops (by request).
- Payment to growers for fleece 180 days after classing.
- A supply chain that focuses on communication to fleece growers.
- Come and visit the AAFL Fibre Handling Centre and Retail Store in Sunshine, Victoria.